Tutorial how to make a PCB at home

nad1

Apr 1, 2017
Hi

this is a small tutorial about making PCB at home with available home products;

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Duly Observed . . . . .

The REAL higher degree of sucess of your procedure , is your use of the slick surface of the SCOTCH
packaging tape for the toner to be intermediately deposited onto.

Full fledged . . . .card carrying members of the Peanut Gallery . . .please do duly note that he got what looked to be 100 % transfer from the tape, to the PCB after thermal transfer by the ironing.
(Or possibly . .did I see a very very small curl-i-que stay on the tape ? )

If you use the comonly seen technique of transfer to a sheet of paper . . . . even the clay based paper . . .or the veggie based dyes on magazine or circulars, seems like a degree of toner always stays wih the paper.

I guess that I have been using this fab procedure since day one of my Hoolet Plastered laser printer circa 1989.
The most remembered aspect of that unit was its $1200 price tag and additional cost for font ROMS . . . and that was even with a neighbors employe discount . . . . Squeakin' Deacon discount . . . . brother in law discount . . .five finger discount . . . . and less we not forget, two Pizza coupons, expiring on that same day.

If I was working with a PC board blank larger than the / your shown unit ; I would use a saved backing sheet that I had taken from either a sheet of Avery labels, Contact paper or the larger inividual Clear Laminating sheets..
Believe me, that surface is as slick as greased owl scheiss !
It takes heat quite superbly . . . . with multiple uses . . . you just have to give it the same cleanliness considerations as you do to your final cleaned / degreased copper blanks . . . . keep your greasy paws well clear of it.

Thanks for the posting . . . . I'm just further lauding . . . . . that technique works greeeeeeeeeeat.

73's de Edd

Last edited by a moderator: