Connect with us

Turn on a light

Discussion in 'LEDs and Optoelectronics' started by Minsara, Apr 3, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Minsara

Minsara

Apr 3, 2015
    I have two 12 volt bulbs and two 12 volt batteries.I want to power 2 bulbs from batteries.But I will power the bulbs from a power adapter.If the electricity breakdowns I want to auto turn on the power from batteries to bulbs(Like a ups).How I made this.this is for egg incubator.I have a Arduino uno.Can i do this with arduino or i want to make a circuit.please tell how i make this.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  2. ADRT

ADRT

Nov 25, 2014
    This may not be the best way, but the easiest way would be to use an Ice cube relay. Connect the coil of the relay to your mains, and connect the battery through a normally closed contact on the relay. As long as there is mains power the relay will be energized and the contacts will be open. When your mains power drops out the relay coil will De-energize allowing the contacts to close and supply power to your light bulbs with the battery.

Tha fios agaibh likes this.
  3. ADRT

ADRT

Nov 25, 2014
    Also, you should use some fuses inline here. One in line with the mains and one in line with the battery and light bulbs. A 1 amp fuse in line with the mains should be fine. What wattage is your 12 volt bulbs? This is important for wire size and fusing. I'd hate to have you burn down your incubator/ house.

Ask a Question