Connect with us

Turbovac driver

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by Atari, Mar 29, 2021.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Atari

Atari

Mar 29, 2021
    I need a turbomolecular vaccume pump and ive seen a good one (leybold turbovac 50) but the driver is like twice as much as the pump itself ... the motor runs at 100 / 250v ac at 1200hz ... i think.. aneychance theres a schematic or circuit that whould match theas requirements ... whould be much appreciated

2. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
  3. bertus

bertus Moderator

Nov 8, 2019
    Hello,

A turbopump is run up very gradualy.
    As the motor spins very fast, it should be controlled to avoid a crash.
    I have seen crashes of turbo pumps and you do not want that to happen.
    The blades where all over the machine it was mounted on.

Have a look at this pfeiffer video:

Bertus

4. Atari

Atari

Mar 29, 2021
    First off thanks for replying and also yh i read the leybold nt10 controller box instructions to see if i chould find the output rating for the motor and i do remember that for some turbovacs they are 3phase but im not shur if the turbovac 50 is 3 phase i chould get a vfd but the frequency of the vac is verry high im not verry familiar with thease turbovacs but im a verry hands on bulider so theres not much i wont try i just need pointing in the right direction i did rewire a 3phase coolant pump using a capacitor to bable to run it with single phase maby ill just buy the thing and try it out and if it blows it blows tbh i aint got much of a choice unless aneyone knows a way to pull a decent vaccume in the high range or enough for spluttering

Ask a Question