Connect with us

Tuning problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Stech, Mar 9, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Stech

Stech

Mar 9, 2010
    Recently I've been having problem with my Technics SL-CH900 tuner/receiver. When i do the automatic tuning, the counter keep running (searching) nonstop. If fails to detect any station/channel. However i could tune to the channel's frequency manualy n it works but the 'STEREO' indication is OFF. Tried adjusting the antenna but it seems doesnt work. Pls help, tq.

2. Donald123

Donald123

Mar 25, 2010
    CCRT700 by any chance?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2010
  3. jerryg50

jerryg50

Apr 18, 2010
    I have seen the stereo decoder IC become defective, and or other support components cause the fault you are describing. This decoder circuit also supplies the tuning reference for the receiver's AFC and AGC circuits. Without both of these references functioning properly, the automatic tuning is missing proper reference to know the zero cross-over point for its PLL (Phase Lock Loop).

An experienced service tech with the service manual and the proper test gear can track this down and replace the defective parts. The issue here would be the time involved more so than the parts cost. It can easily take a number of hours to troubleshoot this type of fault if it is not simply only the IC itself.

Jerry G,

Ask a Question