Connect with us

TTL fried?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Anon_LG, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Anon_LG

Anon_LG

Jun 24, 2014
    Hello

I have just been working on my robot and accidentally plugged the power in incorrectly (facepalm) on the stepper driver boards, I noticed as when I plugged in the boards to the arduino power the "on" light on the Arduino was dimmed, presumably meaning the stepper boards were draining a lot of current or a short (The arduino is fine luckily. The stepper are now not working (though I believe this is due to the boards) and none of the 4 LEDs on either board come on when they should, there is no visible damage to the stepper boards this leads me to the conclusion that the reverse will have damaged the ULN3003APG darlington pair IC's.

Will this have damaged the IC's? (recently I reversed power supply to a CMOS IC, the IC was boiled but it still worked fine)

2. Anon_LG

Anon_LG

Jun 24, 2014
    Actually its alright - no disaster, I did some more testing, the TTL's are not fried.

Ask a Question