Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Trying to make analogue sound to lcd?

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
Since the thread has already been thoroughly corrupted, I feel free to admit the following:

1. The "NDE" (Near Death Experience) phenomenon may be an exception to the general rule of "nothing being there to find".
  2. I sat with (next to, in conversation) a man who was capable of causing objects (he was using the hostel's teaspoons) to become astonishingly distorted by lightly stroking them. My words have no special meanings, they mean what they seem to mean.
  3. I sat with (in a lounge room, in conversation) a man to whom children brought playing cards which he never touched and had not seen before, and when the children laid them shuffled and face-down on the floor he was able to identify them as the children asked, without error.
All is not really so simple as it appears; it is tempting to think that a person's world view might create his reality.

I might also mention that my user name is no joke - there most certainly are (I assert!) mystical experiences, but this is not the venue for such a discussion.

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
Very true Dave. Most of us are certain enough of our position that arguments only serve to compromise friendship and respect.

Actually, I wasn't specifically referring to religion as an irrational and unsupported belief; I was discussing the supernatural and paranormal. This thread started off with the subject of EVP, i.e. ghosts. But you're right. I include gods among the supernatural and paranormal phenomena that are not supported by any evidence, and are easily explained as cognitive failures and wishful thinking. Like many, I was raised with religion - actually, my full name is Kristian - but I never believed. I hope, however, that any of my electronics point friends with different opinions will draw a distinction between my beliefs on that subject and my value as a contributor to this site and a friend to all other contributors.

Yay!!! for common decency!