Connect with us

Trying to Find the Right Proximity Sensor

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by rlvmaiden, May 25, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. rlvmaiden

rlvmaiden

May 25, 2012
    Hi, I've been trying to find a distance sensor with certain specifics for the last few days and haven't quite been able to find what I'm looking for.

I need the distance sensor to either be ultrasonic or inductive; it's going to be measuring the distance of a steel beam so either of these would work.

It also needs to have a fairly high resolution, no lower than 2mm.

It's going to be used in an outside environment so it needs to be able to function in as low as -40 degrees celsius.

The sensor range needs to be fairly short; minimum range no greater than 4mm, maximum range no lower than 40mm.

The sensor also needs to have an analog voltage output, or something similar that can be wired to a PLC to read the distance at all times.

If anybody knows where I could find a sensor with these specifics, I'd greatly appreciate any info shared.

Thanks.

2. gcb

gcb

Mar 26, 2012
    maybe saying the specific problem would help to get suggestions of other ways to tackle the problem

3. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    -40 degrees celsius is -40 degrees farenhiet.
    Where are you at, Antarctica?

Ask a Question