Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Trying to find a fuse

Azazel23

Jul 27, 2011
Hey everyone,

First time post here. Have been tinkering with my own electronics repairs in my spare time from time to time over the years.

I currently have an issue with a car stereo backlight. Its a known fault and it seems to be caused by a dead fuse.

An image of the board can be seen http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36878&stc=1&d=1299688984
labelled 2.3A. and discussion of the matter can be found at http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9540

Basically some people have just bridged this with wire, but i would rather replace the component, however i have searched far and wide, but cant seem to find a 2.3A fuse anywhere especially of this size.

I would appreaciate if anyone here may be able to offer some advise on where i could find such a part. Website / supplier / etc?

Thanks in advance
Josh

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
You should be able to find a 2.5A fuse or similar in a package that is close enough to this to solder it in.

You really should try to confirm it is a 2.3A fuse -- it is labelled as a resistor.

I see that those 2 images are from different boards. That also helps because it confirms that the other digits are more likely to be a date code than an extended part number.

This appears to be a very similar part. However it has poor availability.

Something like this may be suitable. And it's availability is much better.

Make sure the voltage rating is adequate. Also have a look at 1206 size fuses like this as I think that device is smaller than I first thought. Also reasonably available.

trueblue

Jul 26, 2011
A website I have found helpful in searching for particular electrical parts and IC's is mouser.com. They do not have the 2.3A fuse you are looking for but do have a 2.5A fuse which should be an adequate replacement.

trueblue

Last edited by a moderator: