Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Truck lighting question

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
This may be easier to read.

attachment.php

It would help more if the image was in focus. The uneven lighting made it tricky to improve further without resorting to photoshop.

Following conventions (such as pointing grounds down) would also make it easier to comprehend.

Attachments

• diagram-b2.JPG
    diagram-b2.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
well sorta ;)

Yeah gotta agree there, use white paper and black marker (sharpie) if you are going to photograph, and photograph outside in the sun so you don't need a flash...

But, look at what I have outlined and explain this loop...

Attachments

• loop.jpg
    loop.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 96

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Yeah gotta agree there, use white paper and black marker (sharpie) if you are going to photograph, and photograph outside in the sun so you don't need a flash...

no just use paintbrush as I suggested and its a very clear black and white circuit drawing
its not rocket science ;)

D

Jdbillin

Apr 22, 2012

In that loop is the wires going from the brake light switch to the lights. I kinda drew that up in a hurry I'll try to make a neater one today

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
In that loop is the wires going from the brake light switch to the lights. I kinda drew that up in a hurry I'll try to make a neater one today

But, it's a loop that connects two bulbs so whenever one is on the other is on...

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
yes that way when you hit the brakes both rear lights come on

I understand that but what happens when you apply say the right turn signal?

And to maybe give you a hint, any extra plugs/ports/wires on the turn signal switch that you failed to use?

Attachments

• right.jpg
    right.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Jdbillin

Apr 22, 2012
I understand that but what happens when you apply say the right turn signal?

And to maybe give you a hint, any extra plugs/ports/wires on the turn signal switch that you failed to use?

hmm yes there is unused wires on the switch... what would they be used for?

heres a much better diagram of what im doing

Attachments

• wireing truck 1.JPG
    wireing truck 1.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 111

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
hmm yes there is unused wires on the switch... what would they be used for?

Eliminate the reverse feed loop I have pointed out to you, now what's left to connect?

Attachments

• question.jpg
    question.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 102

Jdbillin

Apr 22, 2012
Eliminate the reverse feed loop I have pointed out to you, now what's left to connect?

Hmm I see now. So the brake light switch needs to run through the turn signal switch. That's starting to make since. Is there a way to figure out what wires I need to connect with my meter? Or do I just need to get a wireing diagram?

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Hmm I see now. So the brake light switch needs to run through the turn signal switch. That's starting to make since. Is there a way to figure out what wires I need to connect with my meter? Or do I just need to get a wireing diagram?

Just a guess but continuity from both brake lights outputs should be common with the brake light switch input when in the neutral position aka no turn engaged...

Wiring diagrams never hurt...

JMW

Jan 30, 2012
What kind of truck? Pickup, Peterbuilt etc. Does it have a center hi stop light. Does it have euro (separate turn and brake lamps or Murcan). We need to know what you have.
The vintage also helps a bit. Do you want it street legal or for offroad only?