Connect with us

Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Mark Sotto, Jul 31, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Mark Sotto

Mark Sotto

Jul 31, 2014
    Hi there. I have a vinverth home theater but lately this problem occurs: when I turn it on it play fine but then gradually the volume minimizes till none. then I turn it off/on again then the same thing occurs.
    Any Input Sirs?

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    How long does it take for the volume to fall?

How long do you have to leave it off to get it back to normal?

Is the amplifier getting hot?

Does it have good ventilation?

3. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Do you do any electronic repairwork? Do you have any skills in electronic troubleshooting?
    The first thing I'd do, is open the chassis and blow-out any dust or animal hair with compressed air. If you have pets, a lot of times the pet hairs get into electronics and covers the components, causing them to overheat.
    This sounds like a heat-related problem to me. Doing the above, might solve the problem. If not:
    After blowing-out the dust and whatever from the chassis, I'd take a can of 'freeze-spray' and individually hit each semiconductor. When you find the one that is overheating, cooling it down, will cause the sound to immediately
    come back. Identifying the overheated component.

Ask a Question