Connect with us

Trouble sourcing heat sink insulators. Advice?

Discussion in 'Electronic Design' started by Matty-t, Aug 17, 2007.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Matty-t

    Matty-t Guest

    Hi Guys.

    Shown in this picture here (work safe) are
    three to-220 case style tab insulators and the heat sink they
    'friction fit' to. I am having trouble sourcing these. It probably
    doesn't help that they may have a proper name and I just don't know
    what it is. They are thermally conductive cap like pieces that slip
    over the tab on a to-220 case. Would appreciate it if any of you have
    a lead on these. TIA.

    - Matt
  2. Ross Herbert

    Ross Herbert Guest

    These items are not TO220 insulators. They appear to be an OEM
    specific part which is probably used to space/insulate the heatsink
    which the TO220 devices are mounted on. If you are sure they are
    insulators you could fabricate your own by super-gluing two layers of
    bare 1.6mm FR4 together and shaping to suit.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day