Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Trouble finding a product to complete my project

PaulK

Dec 13, 2013
Hello all,
I have a set of motorcycle headsets that I've been working on, but am having trouble finding a 5 pin mini-DIN socket to 3.5mm plug. The current set up involves a PTT button on the socket side, and I don't need that, as we'll be talking via a chatterbox. Also the cable for the 3.5mm plug is very thin and flimsy. I've spent 3 days now looking for even just a 5 pin mini-DIN threaded socket, but I got nada. I've got 2 pictures of what comes on there. The fatter cable goes to the PTT, thinner to the 3.5mm jack.

Thanks in advance for any input!

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
that looks like slightly different PS/2 connection.

Not sure if that helps but hopefully

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
the standard is where that top notch is square as shown by the larger side image and the green and purple colour coded ones.
why that line of 7 showed round notches I dunno they are supposed to be square
that's just plain deceiving

Dave

PaulK

Dec 13, 2013
yea I'm totally confused about this, I mean if the headset manufacturer has these on their products, what are the odds they produce them themselves? I'm beginning to think that I'm just going to have to gut the connector and try rigging it my way. I think I'll end up getting 2 coiled 3ft 3.5mm jacks and just gut the connectors, it'll be easier than trying to find this connector