Connect with us

Triplett Model 60 VOM

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by electengjd, Nov 2, 2011.

1. electengjd

electengjd

Nov 2, 2011
    I have a Triplett Model 60 Type 2 VOM made in 1983. It looks exactly like the ones made now but the circuit board is completely different. The positive(red) lead coming from the 9v battery connector broke loose from it's connection point. The lead is only about 2 inches long. I downloaded the schematic from Triplett's website but it is totally different than my older meter. I contacted Triplett and according to them, Jewell Corp. purchased Triplett 4 years ago and that is the only schematic they have. I haved looked at the circuit board with a magnifier but can't see anywhere that looks like the wire may have broken loose from. I'm running out of options. If anyone has an older Triplett or a schematic any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. davelectronic

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
    Hi electengjd.
    Welcome from me.
    The hole through has got to be there somewhere, was it not near the negative battery lead, like in other types of meters etc ?.

It cant be that hard to find, can you post a sharp clear picture of both sides of the board ?
    That way members might spot the hole through.
    Dave. :)
    PS, I think you need to post a hello in the welcome section before you can post images.
    I also found this, not sure if you have or not.

http://www.elexp.com/tst_tr60.htm

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  3. electengjd

electengjd

Nov 2, 2011
    Thanks for the reply

The negative lead goes through a small slot between the battery compartment and the circuit board compartment and is soldered to one side of a resistor on one of the main dial switches. The positive lead is only 2 inches long and I have looked for a point it could have been connected/soldered for a couple hours.
    This is my 1st go at a forum, so if I don't follow "protocol" please let me know. I'll try to find the Welcome section to post a hello. Thanks

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  4. davelectronic

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
    Meter lead problem

No worry's post some sharp images of the PCB when you get a minute, oh i am fairly new to forums as well, if you go wrong there's always some one out there to put you back on track, they have for me when i got stuck or needed help.

5. electengjd

electengjd

Nov 2, 2011
    Thanks again

I'm still trying to figure out how to post pictures. Please let me know if you know how. Thanks

6. davelectronic

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
    Hi again.
    Upload your file to an online application, i use photo bucket, but there are others, i think there is another way as well, but i am not sure how that works, maybe another member can elaborate on the other way, i think its something to do with going advanced or something.

I chose photo bucket as you copy and paste the IMG code to the post.
    The link for photo bucket is below, or try another app.
    PS, try to get your pic's sharper than mine, sorry its my picture quality, not the site.
    You can sign up to any one of them.

http://photobucket.com/

Picture uploaded example.

[​IMG]

7. daddles

daddles

Jun 10, 2011
    In my control panel, under Options, I have the full WYSIWYG editor set. Then, when I respond to a post, I can attach pictures to a post with the "Manage Attachments" button. Easy as pie.

8. davelectronic

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
    In my user CP i have attachments, then when i click that it says i have no attachments, i am offered no other options i can see there daddles, oh well it early, i will work it out later.

9. daddles

daddles

Jun 10, 2011
    Dave: here's how I do it. Click on "User CP" at top of forum screen, then click on "Edit options' in left column. Hit the End key on your keyboard to go to the bottom and set your editor choice under Miscellaneous Options. See attached screenshot. At least, this seems to work for me and allows me to attach pictures to a post like I did here. But maybe that isn't it; if not, contact a moderator for more help (I've been known before to give advice worth as much as diluted eyewash).

Attached Files:

10. davelectronic

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
    posting images

Hi daddles.
    Thanks for the info, i will try next time i need to post a pic, or schematic, hope the original OP finds a way to post some images of his meters pcb etc.

Ask a Question