Connect with us

Triac equivalent

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by bushy, Aug 17, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. bushy


    Aug 17, 2011
    Hi everyone.

    I've just pulled apart a lighting dimmer so old I can't even find a picture of it on google. Needless to say, not all of the parts that need replacing are easy to find.

    One of the main triacs needs replacing - its a ST Microelectronics BTA41.600A. A data sheet for it can be found here:

    (it's the second one on the list)

    This part number is long obsolete - as far as I can see it's a pretty standard power triac, but can anyone who's a little more clever about these things than me see if there's anything about it that I might need to be careful of when picking a replacement? Or can someone suggest a replacement that will be a straight swap?

    Thanks a heap :)
  2. Resqueline


    Jul 31, 2009
    Afaik there's nothing to go wrong when replacing a lighting dimmer triac, just pick any 40A 600V (or better) triac.
    Sure, there are peak current ratings, dV/dt, dI/dt, and the different quadrant trigger currents, but it's hard to go wrong in these applications.
  3. bushy


    Aug 17, 2011
    great, thanks for that :)
  4. abbkarim


    Jul 8, 2012
    hello everybody
    i have a question about my triacs tpdv1225 its philipsmade i need the equivalent of this electronic composant here the datasheet
    please advise me the equivalent or show how can i find the equivalent
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day