Connect with us

Treadmill problem: Tempo Evolve

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by dalv, Jan 14, 2021 at 5:46 AM.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. dalv

dalv

Thursday
    I purchased a foldable Evolve treadmill from Canadian Tire some time ago: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/tempo-evolve-fold-away-treadmill-0840111p.html

The treadmill developed a problem and I need some help to determine what’s wrong. When I plugged it in after it was stored for a while, I mixed the power cables and used a computer one, rather than the dedicated one. The treadmill was making beeping noises and displayed these numbers: 5204. The belt sometimes moved, but then stopped.

I found the original cable, but now there’s no more beeping anymore and the dashboard display is blank. Only the weight loss or manual light is on.

I came upon this board on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Horizon-Ev...116221?hash=item56f1a20b3d:g:yBEAAOSwhQhY7rdG, but I don’t know if I need it, or I can try to fix it somehow. When I remove the protective cover, there are no lights on the actual controller board.

I saw some videos on YouTube and the treadmills have a fuse - I looked for a fuse on my treadmill but can’t find one....

Any ideas what may be wrong with it?

2. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Can you give us the details of both ‘cables’?.
    You mention a computer cable and the original cable.

Martin

3. dalv

dalv

Thursday
    Yes.

When I had the computer cable plugged in, the treadmill was beeping, and from time to time I was able to get to a programmed setting. I hit start, the belt starts moving for a second and stops. Starts beeping again...

Then the number 5204 appeared on the dashboard.

I found the original cable, plugged it in. Same thing - beeping, 5204 on the display... I left it plugged in and now there’s nothing on the screen.

when I turn it on, I can hear two clicks as that’s all.

4. dalv

dalv

Thursday
  5. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Ah ok, thanks for that.
    I just wanted you to confirm whether the ‘cables’ were IEC mains cables or AC to DC power supplies.

Martin

Ask a Question