Connect with us

treadmill motor

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Gint32, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Gint32

Gint32

Apr 13, 2015
    I have a treadmill that is missing the upper board, I have the lower board and all the leads including the lead or wires that connect to the missing upper board, it has a five pin connector that would lead up to where the board would sit if i had it, my question is does anyone know how i could hook up something to the 5 pins to get it to turn the treadmill motor and run at any speed variable or not (it's a 2.5HP dc motor), Also, I don't have a schematic but am will to try anything that might get it to run at any speed and suggestion would be helpfull, I suppose one of the pins will obviously be for powering on and off , and the others for speed control since there is no gradiant motor attached, will be happy to supply photos of lower board if necessary.

2. Tha fios agaibh

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
    Maybe start by telling us all the specs of the motor, or better yet, post a close-up picture of the motor name plate.

3. Gint32

Gint32

Apr 13, 2015
    hope these help, apoligies never relised the moter specs were important

Attached Files:

4. Tha fios agaibh

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
    Well, you could try and find a replacement driver board by googling the model number of the treadmill.
    Or, buy something like this:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/181604881211

Sorry, Pictures of circuit boards are not enough for me to be of much help.

5. Gint32

Gint32

Apr 13, 2015
    Unforunately, I cannot find a replacement upper board, I attached more pictures of the lower MCB pcb, But what I am really after is what might each of the five Low Voltage wires do that would lead to the missing upper board, or more specifically how to test and what voltage to apply, when testing these 5 pinouts to the the upper console. I imagine none of these would recieve HVAC, so at most they increase the speed, stop and start the motor, but i am a novice and have limited resources other than soldering and multimeters etc. As you know most upper consoles control speed, a red magnet type fitting with a length of string to stop the motor if you fall off, some have heart rate stuff (mines didin't), and thats about it, the lower board does all the work really, which is what I already have. P4150012.JPG

Attached Files:

6. Tha fios agaibh

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
    Hard to tell without a print.

You could try and draw one yourself from tracing wires, tracers on back of pcb and the components on the other side. If your thinking you will just jumper a few wires to get it going, I am doubtful that is the case. Missing board is likely a pulse width modulation type control.

7. Gint32

Gint32

Apr 13, 2015
  8. KTW

KTW

Feb 22, 2015
  9. Tha fios agaibh

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
    I've no idea what you've got. If I was to take a wild guess, I'd say they are low voltage +5v, +12v, common, pwm signal, enhibit/enable input etc.

I would say your pwm signal is a low voltage square wave, not high voltage.
    That depends on your definition of high voltage. To me, hv is anything over 600 volts. So if the lower board had a scr and one of those wires connects near its gate, thats likely the pwm signal.

Ask a Question