Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Treadmill Motor Wiring Setup Help

Mirage_88

Apr 25, 2015
Picked up this stuff from an old treadmill, a lot of it was apart so I'm trying to piece everything back together and get this motor working. I need it for a little project. The motor does work, had it working off a 12v car battery, but I've been trying to figure the rest of it out. The transformer, I did an ohms test on the two wires and it was at 2.5ohms. I don't have the on/off or speed switch for it either. I see the circuit board has various labels such as A1, A2, S1, S2, S3, L1, and L2. Not sure where any of these go or where this transformer is suppose to go either. Or would it be just easier to hook up a potentiometer or rheostat??? This is a DC motor running off AC. And does the transformer go between the power and board or board and motor???
By the way pin S2 broke off and I need to solder it back on. I have the motor that came with everything too not shown int he photos. Found this diagram as well, does it relate to my setup??? https://www.minarikdrives.com/descriptions/document/250-0354.pdf But it doesn't show the transformer location either.

IMG_4537.JPG IMG_4538.JPG IMG_4539.JPG IMG_4540.JPG

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
L1 is hot line voltage.
L2 is grounded line voltage.
A1 and A2 usually indicate nc contacts, but likely your motor feed.
Perhaps the transformer feed another circuit board for speed control or incline?
You need to do some detective work like searching model numbers and parts to figure out how humpty was put together.
Also look at the wire lengths and mounting locations to help figure out what goes where.