Connect with us

treadmill DCMD67 board

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by trivial69, Nov 20, 2016.

1. trivial69

trivial69

Nov 18, 2016
    Hello,
    I have a treadmill DCMD67 board that is broken. Has burned k15n60 and resistors R63 and R65. The problem is that the resistors as they are burned I can not know their ohmic value. Could you help me? Can you tell me the value of R63 and R65?
    It's my dad's treadmill plate and I liked to repair it.
    Best Regards

Attached Files:

2. oğuz

oğuz

Dec 13, 2016
    Hello there
    The same plus is on my card. The resistance values are not read from the picture. Is the resistance value (R63, R64, R65) KNOWLEDGE?

3. IamJatinah

IamJatinah

Oct 28, 2014
    Hi There, well....I can't see the resistors you are talking about in this pic, maybe another pic closer to the parts may help. Are they surface mount resistors? SMT resistors should have tiny writing on them, shown as 122 or 473 or something like that..... These numbers relate to "First Digit Value - Second-Digit Value - Multiplier Value".....

You see the IC marked U9, this is a gate-driver for either a high power hexfet or IGBT switching transistor. I see R63 near this IC, and if the resistors there are burnt, you have real trouble going on. The part you listed leads to a 15A 600v diode which works hand in hand with the main switching transistor being driven by U9. If the diode (15n60) is open, blown or damaged, the main switching transistor may very well be damaged as well. There is a safety relay to the right of the large capacitor that has had the top ripped off? This is also less than desired, ? Exposed relay contacts can cause problems when high currents flowing thru a motor, have to ride on a tiny contact-area of the relay, causing heat and resistance. Read me the part number off of U9 and I can try further if needed. Good Luck!

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    I don't see those on the board, where are they .... do a closer up pic of them please

5. IamJatinah

IamJatinah

Oct 28, 2014
    I don't know that I have this unit around but I will check thru the day, but it is unlikely. My point of those resistors being burnt is that the IC U9 will also be fried most likely. The resistors you found burnt are setting up drive signals for the main switching transistor. If these resistors blow, that main transistor is shorted or destroyed, the 15n60 you mentioned would most likely be destroyed and the U9 IC that interfaces between the CPU(square chip near the corner of the board) and the main switch. So, even if you get the right values for the resistors, the U9 will most likely cause a catastrophic failure upon energizing that rail again? When it comes to powerful switching systems, one must be quite certain to catch all problems related to a failure before retesting, or you may blow all replaced parts and make things a bit worse. I will check for this board and update later....

Ask a Question