Connect with us

Transverse Conductor?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Raven Luni, Dec 29, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Raven Luni

    Raven Luni

    Oct 15, 2011
    ....thats probably not what it is but I was wondering how exactly this thing worked. Its from a digital thermometer I took apart and appears to be the conductor between the board and the LCD. The LCD has very faint (almost invisible) traces on the glass which match up with the contacts on the board and this rubber thing connects them - looks like a single strip of conductive material but how is that possible?

  2. pwdixon


    Oct 14, 2012
    That's a zebra strip which is like a long sandwich of conductive/non-conductive layers that electrically connects two sets of parallel fingers together.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day