Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Transistor Radio

rpe94

Dec 28, 2014
I have a Ross Multiband (circa 1977) radio (is this considered "Solid State" - I believe it is) that is not getting power - AC nor DC.

How can I go about figuring out what is wrong, and ultimately fixing it?

Any help you could provide - woudl be greatly appreciated. I am an electronics novice, but am pretty good with direction - online videos, etc.

Thank you,
Boston, MA

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Hello and welcome to Electronics Point :)

Start by uploading some photos of the insides of the radio. Both sides of the board, if possible.

If there's a dial cord, be very careful when dismantling it and take photos and notes so you can reassemble it.

Also tell us the model number.

73cat

Dec 30, 2014
You can try to resolve the problem, open the case and located the power input and make sure you understand the electronic device system to avoid serious damage. Usually the power input line has a diode as a bridge to protect electrick polarity, the diode is short or damage.

ebw12345e

Jan 5, 2015
First of all you will check the connection of wire to the power plug either it was connected accurately or not. If it was correct then check the diodes and capacitors are working correctly or not. Mainly the reason of power malfunction is due to the capacitor failure. You can change your radio if the problem is still exists. You can use the led circuits radio as it has low failure.