Connect with us

Transistor ID

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Steve 1956, Aug 31, 2009.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Steve 1956

    Steve 1956

    Aug 31, 2009
    I have a 1980 Eldorado with electronic climate control. I need to replace a transistor mounted to a copper heat sink, I cannot identify the device,
    the case is marked as follows:
    HNP 7942
    Can anyone identify this?
    Thanks, Steve:confused:
  2. amdNRA


    Sep 3, 2009
    This is ONLY a guide :p...How do you know it is a transistor? But if it is, then see the type of case it has ie. TO-3, TO-220,etc. Try to identify the base; usually a smaller wire and see what kind of signal you have + turns on NPN -turns on PNP. Place current meter between collector and emittter (warning:several amps possible). Look in a data book for the correct transistor case, type and collector current. Look for generic transistors that meet your needs; nothing fancy here and don't worry about the Ft(frequency).
    Hope this helps, Gil. :)
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day