Connect with us

Transistor equivalent to 2N3898

Discussion in 'Beginner Electronics' started by Robert Wolcott, Nov 23, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. I blew a transistor in a power supply yesterday and can't find an identical
    replacement. The supply was 25 years old so I figured the transistor is
    discontinued. It is 2N3898 and if someone could point me to an equivalent
    I'd really appreciate it.

  2. larry

    larry Guest

    The normal sites I buy from didn't list 2n3898. But just plugging it
    into a search engine I came up with several results. First positive I
    checked was

    They show several in stock. I've never bought from them, so I can't
    vouch for their track record. You can always punch 2n3898 into a
    search engine and look for another site. I already tried allied
    electronics, texas instruments, and jameco.

  3. Roy

    Roy Guest

    The following is a recommended replacement and it is indicated to be a SCR (Silicone
    Controlled Rectifier i.e. thyristor) not a transistor.
    Industry Number : 2N3898
    Equivalent NTE Device Number: NTE5545
    SCR-400 VRM,35A,TO-48
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day