Connect with us

Transistor equivalent model

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by AndrzejB, Jan 5, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. AndrzejB

AndrzejB

Jan 5, 2016
    I am searching info about diode and especially transistors model with nonlinear resistors and capacitors. I need it for my simply simulator with modified nodal analysis, MNA. This is probably in Spice, but I don't know how use this data.

2. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    Hello Andrzej (Andrew) welcome to EP.
    I don't fully understand your question. Can you explain in a bit more detail about what you want.
    Adam

3. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    There is no single transistor model. Depending on teh type of transistor and the accuracy you want to achieve several transistor models are available, see here for a description and a collection oflinks to popular models. Every transistor model is a set of functions describing the relations between voltages across and currents through the different elements of the transistor (base, emitter, collector, source, gate drain etc.).

I'm afraid no model simply uses nonlinear passive components (R, C). They all include also active components like current sources to model the gain of the transistor.

How you'll be able to incorporate the equations into your simulator is up to you.

BobK likes this.
Ask a Question