Connect with us

Transistor, AC amplification

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by newuser, Feb 20, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. newuser

newuser

Dec 16, 2012
    Hi,

i would like to see the output of this circuit, but i cant start the simulation...am i missing something?

what i tried to start the simulation:
    simulation -> time domain

error:
    solver returned no data

any ideas whats missing?

2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    I see no circuit here.

Bob

3. newuser

newuser

Dec 16, 2012
  4. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    You have two voltages driving the same net, V2 and V3.

Also the circuit is not very good even if you decoupled with a capacitor. You need two resistors to bias the base, one to ground and one to V+. And you need a capacitor to couple the input so the base is not absolutely driven by the voltage source.

Bob

5. newuser

newuser

Dec 16, 2012
    dont i need a dc voltage to bias the transistor and a ac volatge source for my input signal?
    EDIT: ive added another resistor for the base and changed the ac input sources node

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  6. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    This is what a typical common emittter transistor amplifier looks like.

7. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Add a capacitor between the AC source and the base. Otherwise your DC biasing resistors will simply be overridden by the AC voltage.

Bob

8. newuser

newuser

Dec 16, 2012
    just realised that i didnt saved my changes from post #5, sry. now they are in.

9. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Now that should work.
    Where's the problem there?

10. newuser

newuser

Dec 16, 2012
    im expecting a sinus wave as output, but i only get +15v. have to work some more with the program itself.

what BobK said: why would the AC voltage source override the DC biasing resistors?
    isnt the capacitor at the input to block DC voltage coming from the source for the input which might not be a perfect sinus wave power source?

11. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    The two biasing resistors should be chosen such the the voltage on the collector is 1/2 the supply voltage. With the resistors you have chosen, I expect the transistor to be fully on and stay there, so the output should remain close to 0. The blocking capacitor is fine as you have it.

Bob

Ask a Question