Connect with us

Transformer rewinding service need

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by Eric, Apr 2, 2007.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Eric

    Eric Guest


    I am looking for a EI transformer rewinding service with reasonable charge
    for my old Denon turntable. The input side is opened and I cannot find any
    thermal fuse built in. Any information is welcome and I am very appreciate.


  2. Tim Schwartz

    Tim Schwartz Guest


    I'd suggest you start by contacting Tritronics in Maryland (an
    authorized Denon parts distributor)and seeing if the original Denon
    transformer is still available. After that I'd post the model number
    and part number to this newsgroup and hope someone has a dead turntable
    with a usable transformer. I doubt having a transformer custom rewound
    would be less expensive than replacement.

    Also, it is really odd for a power transformer to fail in a turntable
    unless there was an outside influence, such as corrosion from moisture
    or a power surge, or internal problems, like way too much of a load on
    it. Though, sometimes things do just fail for the heck of it.

    Tim Schwartz
    Bristol Electronics

    P.S. I didn't suggest a rebuilder (which was your question after all)
    because I don't know of any.
  3. Replace it with a generic type? Can't be very special - is it?
  4. As soon as the crack mind-reading team comes up
    with your location on the planet, they will get back to you.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day