Connect with us

Transformer buzz project

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Chanko, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Chanko

Chanko

Oct 23, 2012
    I am planning a project that investigates transformer buzz as an educational exercise. I need to design and build a transformer that can have various factors applied to it that increase and decrease the buzz and him.
    It will show the audience what causes this effect. I myself am new to it all and have some idea but need some help.

Is it the movement between laminations that causes it? Would the tightness of the liminates affect the buzz? If they were not tightly bolted together would it get worse and would the secondary winding eventually fail if they were too lose?

Does load effect it? What would be. Suitable load to put on? What about size and design?

I guess I can't expect simple answers but some advice on where to look it up would be a great help.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    They all sound like good things to investigate.

You also might want to investigate frequency of operation and the ability the windings have to move.

Ask a Question