Connect with us

Transfer Switch

Discussion in 'Home Power and Microgeneration' started by Rob, Sep 24, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Hi all, this seems to be very confusing. Perhaps that's why you need a
    license to be an electrician. Can I get a transfer switch similar to

    that goes between the meter and my house panel, so as to power
    the entire panel from a generator, while not frying the lineman?
    I keep running into 6 / 10 circuit aux. panels. My theory is to turn
    my house panel circuits not required.

  2. Netman

    Netman Guest

  3. m Ransley

    m Ransley Guest

    Why would you want that panel it is only 15a, and probably without
    interlock. The true transfer panel goes on your panel, is easy to
    instal. A Generac 6 citcuit kit from Lowes for 200 includes everything
    and is prewired and easy to instal. It includes exterior box , sockets,
    cable and plugs to your generator and interior interlocking panel with 2
    watt meters. Do it right or dont do it at all.
  4. SQLit

    SQLit Guest

    Check with you local authorities and utility. Each one is a bit different.
    The wiring diagram on the link you provided does not have an isolator.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day