Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Toshiba Crt Rptv problem

cyber02000

Jul 18, 2011
(i originally posted this on "dont dump your rptv thread on avs forum")

i have a problem with my toshiba rptv 43jh9um exact same as the Japanese model 43jh7uc

well anyways the problem is, it has been with me for 5 years without any problem but recently this thing happened that when i switch it on it does produce that chinnnng sound when you open a TV and then after i think 2 secs it goes dooop just like when you stand-by your tv but the red light on the tv keeps on.... other thing is when it sometimes does get on after a while i get black flickers on the screen they grow and suddenly the tv goes on standby and does not open again...!!!! i called the people from service center and literally they were idiots....first they dint know how to open the t.v then they fried up the fuse ! then they said i have a problem in my main-board and the fee is huge 60% of the original cost..!!! i ask them to provide me the service manual but they wont...some policy they said..!!!

so i want to know what can be done , should i dump it or can something useful be made out of it..!!!

Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Talha

electronboy

Jul 19, 2011
One thing you could do with the tv is to take it apart and take out the circuit boards and use pliers to take off components you need if you do do electrical projects.

canactech

Jul 7, 2009
Toshiba crt problem

Your problem looks like defective solder(s) or bad capacitor(s). To check the capacitors you only have to keep an eye on the circuits and you will see small cans with a plastic coating and a white stripe with minus sign in it. Check the top of these cans, they are supposed to be flat. If the top is up the capacitor is defective and should be replaced.

I don't know your comptence in electronics but you should also resolder the ICs and the parts like ICs, capacitors and anything else. Be very carefull to not make bridges between the pins of the elements because you should scrap your circuit.

If you are not good enough to work on the circuit you just have to do what was suggested and keep parts for future projects.

Good luck.

Canactech