Connect with us

Tools for measuring ac power interrupt ?

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by john, Sep 8, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. john

    john Guest

    What tool is required for measuring short ac power interrupt ?
    I mean the interrupt that is short that only causes the light flickering
    once, but long enough to cause a computer 'hanged'. I have a chart
    recorder here but it just cannot catch and record interrupt of such
    short duration! Is there any better devices available ? Can I built a
    simple circlet for that purpose ?
  2. Gene

    Gene Guest

    Implement a missing pulse detector using the venerable 555 timer. Feed it
    with a suitable signal derived from the AC full-wave rectified. Google for
    555 circuits and you shall find it.
  3. I hate SPAM

    I hate SPAM Guest

    You may be looking for a Dranetz meter. Can measure sag, surge, drop out
    among other things. Anytime I had a power problem at work, the
    electricians would put this in my office and would correlate it to
    something else that happened in the building and fix that problem.

    You may want to check with your building manager or the electric company
    to see if they have a way of checking your problem out.

    If not, there is always the UPS.

    Good luck with your problem.

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day