Connect with us

timers

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by flight1963, Jan 31, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. flight1963

flight1963

Jan 31, 2014
    Can some point me in the right direction to build a timer base curcuit? What I need is a timmer that will count two weeks in between curcuit run time and during run time it will start a motor and run that motor to a no/nc micro switch that stops at a cog and stays there for 10 minutes then back to beginning cog to start all over again. Any help would be greatful I know enough about electronics to be dangerous, I have etched my own curcuit boards

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Hi welcome to the forums :)

don't know of any hobby type times that would go 2 weeks .... may even be difficult finding a commercial one

try google searching 2 week timers or somethi9ng like that

cheers
    Dave

3. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I remember a Silicon Chip project that would remind you to put out bins etc. I know it handled events at least 2 weeks apart.

Microcontroller based, obviously.

4. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Yep, this is a job for a micrcontroller with a crystal time base.

Bob

5. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    The article is partially available here.

This project wouldn't solve your problem, but even from the parts which you can see, you can gain some useful data (like the stability of the crystal).

Ask a Question