Connect with us

Timer and Controlling a School bell

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by DrSarger, Dec 27, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. DrSarger

DrSarger

Dec 27, 2013
    i need to make a device that will control the school bell,it is an existing school bell but you have to press a button for it to ring,i need to automate it, the bell will ring at 8h00 for 20 seconds, 12h00 for 25 seconds...etc. i need advice on what devices to use, i only have a bakground in programming not in electronic so this is my first electronic project.

Thanks

P.S. English in not my main language.

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    If it were not for the different length of time for the ringing, I'd suggest a standard timer as used for controlling household appliances.

A variable length of ring-time can be achieved by using a microcontroller. The microcontroller can serve as the clock, too. As for the switching requirements (power, no. of cycles), a relay can be used. Preassembled "power modules" (also known as "shields") for the controller modules I mentioned.

3. KMoffett

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
    Are all the clocks in your school controlled form a central clock? If so, this might be used to input to a microcontroller. The microcontroller can count seconds and ring the bell at the appropriate times. If not, you could use the internal pulses from a hacked, battery desk/wall clock the provide one-second pulses to a microcontroller.

Ken

Ask a Question