Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Timed Relay Connection/activation

CPLIPRR

Nov 20, 2014
I have a 12 vdc SSY-2299 Model FC-31 timer relay, but no information re: how to wire and/or activate its functions. I can get it from vendors, but none that I have seen provide technical information for connection, etc. I also do not have a mfr. ID #. Need help/source of information please.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Hi CPLIPRR and welcome to Electronics Point.

Perhaps some photos of the relay would help us help you.

I've googled and didn't find anything useful at first glance.

CPLIPRR

Nov 20, 2014
Hi CPLIPRR and welcome to Electronics Point.

Perhaps some photos of the relay would help us help you.

I've googled and didn't find anything useful at first glance.

Dear "steve", hevans1944 sent me an exact picture of the device in question, but I don't know how to send it to you from his reply on this site.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
When the module is powered up, the relay immediately pull the pull-in time can be adjust by potentiometer 1-200 seconds (or so), the relay automatically enter the end of time is timing relay disconnected state off time can also be potentiometer adjustment 1-200 seconds (or so), the end of the off-time timing, and then into the pull-in state, followed by circulation, only power will stop working.

Not the best description I have seen (nor the worst).

I interpret this to mean the when you connect 12V to Vcc and Gnd, the relay is immediately switched on. Then, after an adjustable period of up to 200 seconds, it switches back off until power is cycled again.

You also have 3 contacts for the relay, NO, and NC.

There appear to be jumpers on the board which might set whether it is delay-on or delay-off, but they do not say anything about them in the description.

Bob

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
This appears to be excess OEM stock intended perhaps for a burglar alarm application. The price is cheaper than the shipping and handling costs, so if that's your cup of tea why not order a dozen or so to play with? You can learn a lot about "stuff" by actually "playing" with it.

@CPLIPRR: IIRC, this dude even has reverse polarity protection! It would be interesting to find out what those jumpers on the board are for. Why don't you purchase a few, find out what the jumpers do, and report back here in the forum?

CPLIPRR

Nov 20, 2014
This appears to be excess OEM stock intended perhaps for a burglar alarm application. The price is cheaper than the shipping and handling costs, so if that's your cup of tea why not order a dozen or so to play with? You can learn a lot about "stuff" by actually "playing" with it.

@CPLIPRR: IIRC, this dude even has reverse polarity protection! It would be interesting to find out what those jumpers on the board are for. Why don't you purchase a few, find out what the jumpers do, and report back here in the forum?

Hi hevans1944 - From what I've been able to glean, the timer relay is actuated by shorting two pins right next to the power hookup terminals. I can do that relatively easy using a switching device (relay, transistor, etc.). I am trying to trigger this timer relay with logic input, but I'm not sure if/how the SSY-2299 relay can be logic (i.e. high/low input). I am trying to trigger this device with a reflective IR sensor that has a digital output port/terminal that cycles to a low state when the IR sensor "sees" an object (i.e. when it is triggered/activated).

I certainly agree re: the experimenting part, and have a few units to try. No luck yet with a direct logic input.

CPLIPRR

Nov 20, 2014
Not the best description I have seen (nor the worst).

I interpret this to mean the when you connect 12V to Vcc and Gnd, the relay is immediately switched on. Then, after an adjustable period of up to 200 seconds, it switches back off until power is cycled again.

You also have 3 contacts for the relay, NO, and NC.

There appear to be jumpers on the board which might set whether it is delay-on or delay-off, but they do not say anything about them in the description.

Bob

Thanks Bob. Yes, the two pins next to the power input terminals will cycle the relay on when shorted, but I cannot see yet where a low logic signal can activate/trigger the relay.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
There does not appear to be an input, it is designed to cycle on when power is applied for a preset time.

Bob