Connect with us

Timed Circuit

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by unirocket, Nov 25, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. unirocket

unirocket

Nov 25, 2012
    I'm fairly new to electronics and I would appreciate some advice on a project I'm modifying.

I am trying to sense voltage on a 3.3V line from circuit A and I would like to then trigger a separate circuit (call it circuit B) that will stay powered with it's own 3.3V supply for approximately 2 minutes after the voltage is sensed.

I have worked with Arduino quite a bit and I am familiar with the process to do this with an Arduino, but I'm looking for something a bit more efficient than that if possible, as this will be powered by batteries and must be as efficient as possible.

Can someone point me in the right direction as far as what components I might need?

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    If you have micro experience dump the Ardunio and use just the AVR chip and have it go into low power sleep modes between functions... You have the external interrupt so it's pretty simple to put a micro into deep sleep until that interrupt happens, turn the other circuit on , go back to sleep for 2 minutes, wake up and turn the other circuit off then go back to deep sleep until the next external interrupt... Deep sleep currents of new micros are close if not bellow the self drain of many batteries...

3. unirocket

unirocket

Nov 25, 2012
    Thanks for the info CocaCola. I completely forgot about the external interrupt option on the AVRs. I'll look into using that rather than a relay/timer setup. Thanks for the help!

Ask a Question