Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Time delayed pulse on power-up

danx

Mar 30, 2015
Hi,

It's been years since I've delved into electronics so apologies if my question is really simple and annoying!

I'm wanting to design something to automatically bring a TV out of standby when powered on. There is no option in the TV settings, and the remote and buttons are not options as this will be mounted in an arcade cabinet. It is a 12V TV (and I also can not get HDMI power-on to work on the thing :/).

So I figured if I create a circuit to put inside the TV body to act as an electronic switch in place of the standby switch it'd work a charm, but I'm not too sure how to do it. Essentially what I want is after a couple of seconds of power I create a momentary switch electronically.

What I was thinking initially was something like a 555 which would switch a relay, but then I get the switch fixed in an on position (plus even this I'm unsure of how to create). I could put a resistor and capacitor in there afterward but then I don't think having the cap discharge after power is removed would be a good thing.

Does anyone know of any example circuits that I could look into? There must be application for this sort of thing out there and I'm unsure what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any help :)