Connect with us

Time Delay Relay for Digital Frame

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by rc_rs_ss, Mar 23, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. rc_rs_ss

rc_rs_ss

Aug 17, 2011
    Hi, I recently acquired this big Digital Frame from a friend and I can not get the slide show feature to work. There is no menu button on the side. I am told that if I can get my hands on a remote then I can access the menu functions and select slide show from there. I can not find any remote codes or even the correct remote for this thing.
    So I have two options,
    Find a Genious who can locate a remote that will work or make a timed delay circuit that drives a relay. The relay will be wired to the next button. Adjustable time would be Great, Three to Fifteen seconds?

By the way the model is DPF15001BX- Telefunken I think is the brand.
    Any help will would be awesome!
    Thank you.

2. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    Are you familiar with the 555 timer chip? It will easily facilitate this.

Chris

3. rc_rs_ss

rc_rs_ss

Aug 17, 2011
    I have made something with a 555 timer but I am unsure of all the other parts and how to use it in the circuit.

4. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    The first thing you need to do is determine if your Frame's 'Next' button switches to the low or the high power rails when pressed. It's more than likely (>90%) that your button switches to the low (negative) rail but you have to test this with a multimeter.

Testing with no power to the frame.

(1) Remove the batteries or disconnect the power pack from the frame.
    (2) Place the multimeter on the lowest Ohms range.
    (3) Connect the negative probe to the negative battery holder terminal.
    (4) Connect the other probe to either terminal of the 'Next' button.

If the meter reads near zero Ohms on either switch terminal then the button switches to the low rail (Negative Ground) when pressed. Once you determine this we can design the 555 interface to close this circuit on a timed basis.

Chris

Ask a Question