Connect with us

Thumb drive

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by reluctantsquirrel, Jan 1, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. reluctantsquirrel

reluctantsquirrel

Jan 1, 2016
    i have a thumb drive that lost its casing long long ago. there was a piece that broke off from the circuit board and i have zero idea what it couldve been. i also dont recall who made the thumb drive but there is some writing on what i assume is the processor and the storage. i have uploaded a picture and circled where the piece is missing from. if no one could answer my question here, i would appreciate being pointed to another forum or site that could help; actually anything at all would be helpful. i can say that the device manager nor the disk management console recognizes the drive.

Attached Files:

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    It's possibly a crystal. I can't think why you'd need one, but the form factor is the same as many 32.768kHz "watch" crystals.

Martaine2005 likes this.
  3. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Hi reluctantsqirrel,
    Steve is correct. It is indeed a crystal oscillator. Probably 12Mhz for usb timing.
    Judging by the two legs, it will also be the cylindrical type too.

[​IMG]

Martin

davenn and (*steve*) like this.
  4. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    The Dog ate it? :D

Chris

Martaine2005 likes this.
Ask a Question