Maker Pro
Maker Pro

THRUSTMASTER T300 HELP!

LDF_TINCHO

Mar 29, 2021
Hello, my problem with the thrustmaster is that a button on the PCB has been electronically pressed, it is button 1 corresponding to the left gear.

In the photo of the board there are two jst connectors that correspond to the gear buttons, one of them, (left pad conector,), shows continuity, I don't know where the problem is.
How could I repair or cancel this order?

Attachments

• thrustmaster t 300 pcb :a.jpeg
    thrustmaster t 300 pcb :a.jpeg
    342.8 KB · Views: 75

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Show us a closer look. Show us also the underside of the PCB. Look for stray solder that may have created a short circuit. Look on top and bottom of the PCB. Sometimes pearls of solder from the manufacturing process that have not been cleaned away may stick between traces or solder points.
The issue may, however, be an internal one of the controller circuit. In that case you'd be lost.

anylap23

Dec 9, 2021
Hi!!
Did you find something about?.

I have the same issue but R3 button, where I soldered a parallel switch for hand brake.
First thing I did was unplug the L3/R3 pcb. Same result......R3 stuck.
I had try with a parallel switch pressing to see if it get unlocked, but doesn´t work.
Also tried to follow the circuit with a multimeter, but i get lose in some point without detecting any shortcircuit because i have no schematic diagram of te motherboard.
I think that issue comes from the processor, but i´m not sure.

LDF_TINCHO

Mar 29, 2021
In my case I solved it by looking for a bit of current in the connector that goes to the steering wheel I think, and inject the positive in the pin of the button that is stuck, on the PCB, the voltage that must be 2.6 I think

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
thinking along the same lines as . . . . . LDF_TINCHO . . . . ., go to the other paddle / gear that has no problem and compare its voltage with out switch activation and then with it activated .
The do the same test with your PROBLEM unit, but expecting no change there . . . if so, then unplug its two pin connector to simulate a paddle/gear DE ACTIVATION. Then . . . . . are the pairs of voltages the same, between units ? That differentiates between a circuit problem and the actual switch itself . . .or somewhere in its routing.