Connect with us

Throbbing heart project

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Zack91, Oct 9, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Zack91

Zack91

Oct 9, 2017
    Hi everyone,

Long story short, my fiancé and I are going to be apart for the whole of 2018 and I wanted to give her something to remind her of me. So I was thinking of making a heart shapped lamp that throbs whenever my phone is close to the transmitter. So we'll be approximately 1260 km apart with wifi available in both areas. I'm looking for some advice on the lamp control philosophy i.e. components to use, circuitry, method of communication etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Someone here, long ago, built a throbbing heart for his partner.

I would recommend a Bluetooth device and a pair of IOT evaluation boards.

When your phone pairs with the Bluetooth device, one IOT thing can tell the other to start throbbing.

3. Zack91

Zack91

Oct 9, 2017
    Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot for your reply. You don't perhaps remember any more detail regarding the previous project or somewhere I can find it?

Thanks again!

4. KMoffett

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
  5. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Search this site for "beating heart", there's a few things there. Also there's a great circuit designed by "Kris" that made a LED flash like a heartbeat.

6. Zack91

Zack91

Oct 9, 2017
    Hi guys,

Thanks again for the help. I also found this: http://www.communica.co.za/catalog/Details/P0240254864 which I can then use to turn the "breathing" LED circuit on or off. My question now is, the Sonoff switch is limited to 90 - 250V. How do I make that work with a 9V "breathing" LED circuit?

7. KMoffett

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
    You plug a 120VAC (or 240VAC) to 9VDC wall wart onto the Sonoff to power you circuit.

Ken

8. Zack91

Zack91

Oct 9, 2017
    Hi Ken,

Thanks, that will work. I'll just see if I cannot make it more compact

Ask a Question