Connect with us

thicko needs help

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by risingsunracer, Mar 16, 2011.

1. risingsunracer

risingsunracer

Mar 16, 2011
    hi everyone i need a little help i am a mere mechanic with limited elec knowledge i work on classic VW's for a living and have a hobby in 90's Jap imports so my knowledge doesn't need to be vast..

one of my recent investments is a nissan skyline r33 if your unfamiliar at the rear it has two sets of double ring shaped brake and side lights, and as its an import it has no fog light. To pass recent MOT's the past owner it has had a stupid farm vehicle square bolt on fog lamp fitted which doesn't cut the mustard with me as i like my cars to have a standard JDM look about them i usually just wire a red led lamp in to the O/S revers light which normally does the trick, however a local autoelec guy who has a simlar car said he'd wired up his inner O/S brake light to be a fog light as well as a brake light using all manner of diodes.

Anyway after speaking to him last night he couldn't remember how he did it....So i was wandering if any of you highly knowledgeable people could let me know how its done as the problem is made worse by the fact both lamps are wired together so when i tried with my tiny brain when i turned the fog light on both brake lights lit up???

any help will be great

thanks Oli

Ask a Question