Connect with us

thermostat help

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Leroy, May 31, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Leroy

Leroy

May 31, 2014
    i need a pool thermostat that can activate a 110v 30 amp relay/contactor. I need the censor probe wire to be somewere around 22 ft.
    i installed a digital thermostat with a 10 ft wire and extended it 22ft with 18 guage and the temp showing was way to high but it did work when i figured out how to set it to turn off at the temp i am needing which is 90 but the next day the thermo was going crazy/fluxuating showing as high as 3000'. I think it was the extended censor wire that did it in.
    any help finding this would be greatly appreciated

2. davpankhur

davpankhur

Jun 5, 2014
    you could buy a thermal relay switch, its just a digital temp and relay in one - it has a low temp and high temp setting. when the temp goes below the low temp that you set, it switches the relay one way, and when the temp goes above the pre set temp, the relay switches back the other way.
    Regarding the measurement on the temp, im not sure if you are wanting the temp half way in the pool or just the surface temp?

3. Leroy

Leroy

May 31, 2014
    thanks, i got one just like you described davpankhur on ebay.cool

Ask a Question