Connect with us

Thermistor

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Scott clarke, Aug 17, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Scott clarke

Scott clarke

Aug 17, 2016
    Could anybody have any idea the size of this, I do believe it is a ntc thermistor or thermistor fuse, does anybody have any ideas as can't quite see what the number on top is. I'm new to electronics and this is from a digital dashboard from a motorcycle that has had a ecu fault and blew this curcuit

Attached Files:

2. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    Looks like a zero ohm resistor to me. I'd say you have other problems as well.

3. Scott clarke

Scott clarke

Aug 17, 2016
    Thankyou for your help, the problem was the earth leads had brocken off on the bike and sent a surge to the clocks thus blowing the resistor, apparently its a common thing when the earths break but nobody knew what the part blown was. Thankyou once again for your help and will try a zero ohms resistor

4. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    Looks more to me like something has ionised that left hand terminal ...like a short
    body of the resistor still looks intact.

5. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    I agree it looks like a zero-Ohm jumper. The 'J1' marking on the board is a clue. Perhaps it was intended to act as a fuse?

Ask a Question