Connect with us

Theoretically. What if? C-EMF > EMF?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Dretron, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Scroll to continue with content
  1. Dretron

Dretron

Jun 9, 2012
    What happens?

When you have a motor for example running with a certain input of power lets say 5W.
    And you mechanically attached the motor's shaft to another system to increase it rotational speed. So the total energy here is now 15W.
    Now we know there is electric power feeding the motor with 5W
    and a mechanical power feeding the motor with 10W.
    The motor will switch to a generator :p?
    What if I kept the input power on, what do you think is going to happen?

2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Your are going to force current the wrong way through your power source.

Why don't you just admit that you are trying to create a free energy device? It cannot be done. Period.

Bob

3. Dretron

Dretron

Jun 9, 2012
    I hate when people assume so wrongly.
    Im not trying to "create" a devices or any of that nonsense.
    I've been trying to study things relative to magnetism. Does that mean that I'm trying to create a free energy device? Or its because of

The domain of electromagnetism is not limited to those ideas alone. I've been wrongly accused by someone else and I had to refute those claims too.

Science is about sharing ideas no matter how radical, foolish it seems.
    Science represents no judgment and total freedom of speech. What happened to that?

And when I say: " Hey everyone, I have an idea of making a system that moves a magnet with no input at all, and get 10124124124x10^1000000000000 out." Then you can say what you've said.

But otherwise.
    Please don't assume and accuse me or anyones else till proven so.

Dre.

4. Dretron

Dretron

Jun 9, 2012
    Thanks for that though. ;)

5. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    I am sorry if I am wrong about the free energy device. But you seem to be insisting that somehow back EMF is something to be overcome and you will get better results if you can eliminate it. It is not. Is is a fact of life that enters into the operation of motors and generators, it not something to be avoided like friction or other ineffiencies.

Bob

6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009

Yes thats fair comment

BUT above all else .... Science works within the laws of physics :)

and just because some one would like something to happen etc doesnt mean its going to if it breaks those physical laws

Dave

7. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Another way to look at it.

Take a simple permanent magnet DC motor. If there was no back EMF, the only thing limiting the current would be the resistance of the windings. So the motor would always draw the stall current, which is way more than the operating current. Back EMF is your friend, it helps to limit the current drawn by a motor to only that necessary to get the work done.

Does that help?

Bob

8. Dretron

Dretron

Jun 9, 2012
    I try like to play around.
    Think of newer concepts and try to see if they work by anyway. If not, I tend to study why.
    Thats how I self teach myself.

Dear Davenn Science is just based on the natural world. Not the other way around...
    The laws of Physics were written from people who observed the natural world. And people would always act as if the natural world is limited to those laws alone. We need to discover more and more about or world and our universe!
    All our Science is just a small percent compared of what is left to uncover!

It helps out a lot.
    Thanks Bob

9. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    You need to understand what a law of nature is.

It is what is observed to be the case.

From that we build theories. Theories attempt to explain why these things happen.

The law of gravity tells you that things fall when you drop them.

A theory of gravitation attempts to tell you why that object falls.

Theories help us understand laws, to perform experiments which illustrate our understanding (or which show gaps in our understanding). From that we produce better theories and refine our statement of the laws.

If you wish to break a law of nature, you would be best advised to find a hole in the theory and attempt to exploit that theoretical hole. Butting your head up against what you don't properly understand will just give you a headache.

10. Dretron

Dretron

Jun 9, 2012
    Agreed.

11. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    so now you disagree with the statement you made earlier ?

The physical laws are extremely well defined. They are stood the test of time for a long time.
    Man didnt create those laws. They just discovered them :)
    those laws that govern the how the universe works have been there since the beginning of time

Dave

Ask a Question