Connect with us

the jurassic park switch?

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by illusian, Jan 30, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. illusian

illusian

Jan 30, 2012
    i am curious about those pump primer power switch's in jurrasic park? i am trying to figure out what they are actuly called because they dont tell you or who makes them. i want to find one because 1 it looks cool, 2 it would be a great light swith! and 3... there is no number 3.

if there is no actual switch like that ii am wondering how to make one.

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Sorry, what is a pump primer switch, please? Can you supply a picture?

Harald

3. illusian

illusian

Jan 30, 2012
    i dont have a picture but the scene where the primer handle is one this link. the time frame is 0:23-0:34. its not clear but i will post a picture from the jurassic park game to give you an idea...

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    It's a standard external power breaker switch for an electrical control box.
    You'll find a wide variety of types in electrical (not electronic) supply catalogs.
    They should be easy to find on-line.
    Electrical power control box, power breaker control box, something like that.
    Somebody will probably give you an exact name to look for later, who sees your post.
    That'll get you started.
    The lever acts as an overall manual power interrupter for whatever electrical devices
    would be in the power distribution box.

5. gushi

gushi

Feb 14, 2012
    Actually, in the context of jurassic park, the lever was used to tension the spring that both opens and closes the circuit. Both throws of the breakers (on and off) were done via pushbutton. Strangely, the movie people got the operation of this component almost completely RIGHT

I just spent a few minutes searching for screengrabs, and I think the model of breaker you're looking for is a cutler-hammer SPB-65 or 100. (Ebay search "spb 65 westinghouse")

This breaker retails in the tens-of-thousands. For what's essentially a prop on-screen for ten seconds.

Clearly, they spared no expense. :)

Ask a Question