Maker Pro
Test Set/Test Fixture

Test Set/Test Fixture

It is going to be a test fixture that will be apart of an entire test-set with the 128 pin cables included in the test-set. The test fixture will allow access to test points for all the pins on the device and will be used in software development as well a

ICGengineerTech

Aug 15, 2012
ICGengineerTech submitted a new Showcase Item:

Test Set/Test Fixture

Starting a new project that will utilize the cables I made in the project log entitled "128 Pin Connector". It is going to be a test fixture that will be apart of an entire test-set with the 128 pin cables included in the test-set. The test fixture will allow access to test points for all the pins on the device and will be used in software development as well as DO-160 testing.

The piece of equipment this is for is a wireless access point for jets that will allow wireless connectivity for passenger's PDA's, smart phones, laptops, and other similar network and internet ready devices. This thing doesn't communicate with the internet itself but will interface with other equipment that provides links to satellites.

In a nutshell, it's a wireless router in the sky that provides wireless access to the internet (and the LAN) for anyone on board.
Note: Don't expect to see an item like this on your next flight with a commercial airline anytime real soon. Our customer base is mainly private corporate jets or fleets of such aircraft. Once the Iridium Network goes though some planned growth and upgrades (between 2013 to 2015) and adopts a more affordable price plans for Iridium Network Providers the cost is only practical for such high dollar clientele applications. After the changes the band width will be expanded thus allowing for more volume and thus a lower price point.

To kick things off I need to brainstorm, create drawings (simple block style), research part numbers and cost, come up with a Theory of Operation, create a keynote or power point presentation, and then present it.

I have already started that process and it is due on the 21st. I don't think I'll post much in here until after that date as my drawing are often changing while I'm putting everything together for the presentation.

Read more about this showcase item here...