Maker Pro
Maker Pro

terahertz detector

sofia12

Oct 9, 2013
hi ,
i want to design terahertz detector with diode,can you please help me to design circuit for detector?i have designed antenna for it but i am not getting circuit model for detector .please guide me how can i do it.thanks

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I think you may be better on a physics forum for this one.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
specifically where in the Terahertz range ?

at that freq you are well into the infrared spectrum, so you should be looking at IR photo-transistors/diodes as are used in everyday IR remote control receivers in TV, VCR, DVD's etc

Dave

sofia12

Oct 9, 2013
dc pad

hi,
if someone knows what does it mean by dc ou pad in circuit for output readout?i read a paper in which they connect out put of diode to dc out pad ,how can i made it,if anyone knows describe it?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
OK, we've all been kidding you about needing extra information.

Just get a 1N5404 and connect it to a capacitor of about 2.64mF/1000V. Be careful, terrahertz radiation is powerful and you could get a powerful shock which might collapse your Schrodinger equation.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Who needs fancy diodes like that? A lump of galena crystal and a safety pin, I say.

Bob

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
I once made an audio mixer out of a fork and a radiator (was at a band practice and we were short on amplifiers so I jammed a fork into the radiator to hold it in place, then slid the thin neck bits of 3 jack plug tips (one to the amp and 2 to instruments) between the prong spaces which held and connected those while the back (ring) ends of the jacks all touched eachother) - genius if I do say so myself :D

sofia12

Oct 9, 2013
OK, we've all been kidding you about needing extra information.

Just get a 1N5404 and connect it to a capacitor of about 2.64mF/1000V. Be careful, terrahertz radiation is powerful and you could get a powerful shock which might collapse your Schrodinger equation.
thanks for answer ,steve ,according to you i should used rectifier circuit with capactor,but what i am thinking to do is to detect THz waves via antenna and schotkkey diode then i need a dc out pad to move this detected signal to LNA (low noise amplifier),my problem is that i am not understanding how take out signal detected by len and diode.i read a paper regarding it and they have used dc out pad for this but i have no idea what does it mean by dc out pad
,thanks for reply

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
sofia,
steve is joking with you

did you even bother to read my earlier post ?

Dave

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Your response to my joke indicates that you have no idea of the issues involved in doing this.

In addition to that you refuse (or are unable) to provide more details (even a link to the paper you refer to).

I recommend you re-read post #2 and #3 in this thread.

sofia12

Oct 9, 2013
Your response to my joke indicates that you have no idea of the issues involved in doing this.

In addition to that you refuse (or are unable) to provide more details (even a link to the paper you refer to).

I recommend you re-read post #2 and #3 in this thread.
well steve yes its my first work on circuit design and may be i am wrong in selection of a forum to get some guidance because i consider it a serious forum instead of making fun of other's problem firstly,and attachment of paper and refernce with this post was an option if i get a bit good response from any serious member.also one more thing terahertz waves can damage you schrodinger eq etc was terrible joke at all.

Last edited:

sofia12

Oct 9, 2013
specifically where in the Terahertz range ?

at that freq you are well into the infrared spectrum, so you should be looking at IR photo-transistors/diodes as are used in everyday IR remote control receivers in TV, VCR, DVD's etc

Dave
dave
i have already read your post and my problem is that i have got a project to make circuit for terahertz detector working from 100ghz-800ghz using schotkey diode and antenna,upto antenna designing and diode designing i have done but i dont understand how take signal out of diode????so i need to draw a circuit for it,i am trying to attach paper with this post but it exceeds limit,paper title is Polarization-Sensitive Broadband Sub-Terahertz-Wave Detector
Implementing Planar-Antenna-Integrated Schottky Barrier Diode by Hiroshi Itoa,b.if you can download it please you can get idea,

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
If you did, then the very first image tells you how to make a detector.

It gives you a rough idea of the chip you need to fabricate.

Do you have the facilities to fabricate chips?

sofia12

Oct 9, 2013
If you did, then the very first image tells you how to make a detector.

It gives you a rough idea of the chip you need to fabricate.

Do you have the facilities to fabricate chips?
yes this paper is what i want to make on same grounds but with different requirements,yes i have facility to fabricate chip. you said "very first image tells you how to make a detector."how???i dont get the point???

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I would read section II entitled "Fabrication".

sofia12

Oct 9, 2013
I would read section II entitled "Fabrication".
in fabrication again my problem is after fabricating schottkey diode and adding it in middle of antenna with glue how to take signal out by diode??they have made signal out pad on antenna arms which is new for me???signal output pad or dc pads are ??????and how to mount them on antenna??this is my problem in fabrication and even is simulation

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
The signal-out pad is a die scale wire bond pad. Attempting to replicate the Japanese team's methods without a wafer fab foundry and die scale assembly facilities would likely be a fruitless endeavor.

I'm finding it difficult to believe you have such facilities and fail to recognize a bond pad in the paper's micrograph. Perhaps it's just a language translation issue. Are you using Google translate from Bulgarian?

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
The signal-out pad is a die scale wire bond pad. Attempting to replicate the Japanese team's methods without a wafer fab foundry and die scale assembly facilities would likely be a fruitless endeavor.

I'm finding it difficult to believe you have such facilities and fail to recognize a bond pad in the paper's micrograph. Perhaps it's just a language translation issue. Are you using Google translate from Bulgarian?

^^what he said ^^

you beat me to it

Dave

sofia12

Oct 9, 2013

thanks a lot for this post,i dont know about it as i have been working on antenna designing and characterization and now got a project like this that involve chip fab etc so on simulation ground i can do but for to understand on fab ground was very difficult.thanks for help i got idea