Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Tempature Sensing ect. Watch Help

waitwhatholdon

Jun 12, 2011
I have had this idea for a while, mostly because i think that (seemingly) useless things are always fun. My idea is to have a watch that has 1 or more temperature sensors in the wrist band to pick up skin temperature. Now, I know that this will not be your actual "body" temperature, but I'm OK with that. :) Now, my reason for starting this thread: I would like some recommended parts, sensors, etc. I do have some experience with electronics and programing if need be, But any help would be great. Also, as with this title, I would like to know, what do you guys think would be cool to put in\ are thinking about putting in a watch?

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
As far as temperature sensing goes you might like to consider thermistors. I have no suggestions for a watch... I gave up wearing watches 30 years ago and am happy with that decision.

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
Accellerometer (with comfort & power calculator), altimeter (with rate-of-climb calculator), barometer, calculator, compass, computer interface (datalogging/downloading), laser power meter, lux-meter, radiation rate/dosimeter, sound level meter (with exposure warning).

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
As far as temperature sensing goes you might like to consider thermistors. I have no suggestions for a watch... I gave up wearing watches 30 years ago and am happy with that decision.

uh huh, its been a few yrs since i last wore a watch too hahaha :D

Dave

waitwhatholdon

Jun 12, 2011
Accellerometer (with comfort & power calculator), altimeter (with rate-of-climb calculator), barometer, calculator, compass, computer interface (datalogging/downloading), laser power meter, lux-meter, radiation rate/dosimeter, sound level meter (with exposure warning).

lol man so, a Pip-Boy? Haha i would love to have all that stuff in it to but, to quote spy kids, "There was no more room for the clock!" Haha ya, i got this idea after re-playing the original Fallout, sooooooooo that might have some influence :)

saurabh33

Jul 7, 2011
Why don't u try out with LM35 sensor the smd one cuse it has good linearity and can give u temp ranging 0 to 100 c