Connect with us

Tektronix 475A scope sweep problem.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Velliger, Aug 30, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Velliger

Velliger

Aug 30, 2016
    I recently received this scope. It powers up and the vertical sweep appears to be good. The horizontal sweep starts about mid-screen, and I can't get full screen sweep. How much trouble am I getting into??

2. Heliman

Heliman

Feb 4, 2016
    Cant you adjust horiz sweep with the horiz position dial

3. Velliger

Velliger

Aug 30, 2016
    The hor. position control will only move the hor. sweep further to the right, but not to the left past the center of the screen.[/QUOTE]

4. ModemHead

ModemHead

Dec 2, 2010
    I think that model has deflection plate connections that are little pins that stick out of the neck of the CRT. Maybe one of those wires has become disconnected.

5. Velliger

Velliger

Aug 30, 2016
    Thanks! I will try to check on it. It had some broken knobs when it arrived, so probably not packed securely. If I can get it working properly I will worry about knobs.

6. Velliger

Velliger

Aug 30, 2016
    I have gotten hor. sweep now, but when it is centered it is not full grid. It leaves two squares empty on each end.

7. Nemo1956

Nemo1956

Sep 5, 2016
    The X amplifier sound like the gain needs to be incest a bit if it's the same at each end of the sweep.
    This is sometime a control knob on the front panel, but sometime is on the back named x sweep gain.
    Also this can be a small pot on the CCT board.Just depends on the manufacture and the price of the scope.
    Good luck.

Ask a Question