Connect with us

Tektronix 475 scope

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by Allan Mac, Jul 4, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Allan Mac

Allan Mac Guest

Hi,

the first anode (EHT) of my old 475 scope is arcing, either under the cap or to chassis. How do I get to it? (yes I have already got the outer casing off) Is it already a boat anchor?
    Allan

2. mike

mike Guest

is the display shrunk?
    One failure mode is that the HV bleeder resistor goes open.
    High voltage goes up.
    Display shrinks depending on intensity level.

3. Allan Mac

Allan Mac Guest

Thanks for that. Been smelling ozone for a while, now nasty fizz from 1st anode area but can't see anything due to protective can. Don't want to leave it on long enough to look for display, was working ok. Have manual, no help.

Cheers Allan

4. tm

tm Guest

Grab a copy of the service manual (google) and read up on removing the CRT.
    There is no removable HV PDA cap. The HV lead is soldered to an electrode
    and potted in RTV. The 475 is a very fine 200 MHz scope and worth saving.

tm

5. Phil Allison

Phil Allison Guest

6. Guest

7. Allan Mac

Allan Mac Guest

Finally got around to tackling this. Found old RTV hard and conductive at anode connection. Removed, cleaned and replaced. Good fix. Many thanks for help.

Allan

8. Guest

Well since nobody else has the decency, thanx for letting us know. Alot of people get stuff fixed only to reemerge a year later with another problem.

9. Guest

Well I haven't had much luck with them lately. When my 7603 was running there were scads of them on eBay and everywhere for less than a hundred bucks, notny more.

Anyway, I dunno about requiring a DD214 to hold political office, but I do tnink they should have had at least one honest job in their life. Youknow what I mena by honest job right ? Well they don't.

Ask a Question