Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Tektronix 465M calibration light wont go off

northrivergeek

Jan 26, 2012
Ive seen a couple old good post on here but they were very old ..2003, and 2006 .. so I dont know if those members are still around any more but anyway ...

Like my post title sez Ive got a old Tek 465M I got from ebay $85 shipped that mostly works :) but it does have one big issue .. the calibration Light on the right side time/div knobs is on , Ive tried every thing Ive seen from the outside of the scope I can do , that I'm aware of anyway.

565mu.jpg

This is not my scope just a pic I found and doctored Im not at home at this moment to post mine :)

I get some waves and such but on if the scope time/div is about half way to the left side .. but they are not nice and round .. jagged .. dont have a signal gen yet ... so Im limited just yet for testing and this is my first scope ever .. so Im sure that has something to do with it .. the uncal light was on when I first turned on.. I was able to make the channel 1 and 2 uncal come on and go off as I adjusted the settings for those channels. I just cant get the other to do the same .. I have the knob in and locked so thats not the issue.

I looked at getting a test fixture to attempt to calibrate .. after reading the cal method in manual.. but wow those are pricey.. so I need to find another way .. I love the simplicity of this scope .. I eventually want to get a Rigol 100mhz eventually .. but cant swing the 400 right now .. if I cant decipher this one will just put back on ebay .. and save that towards the Rigol but would rather have both :)

Any help much appreciated !
Man Id like to find a local to me mentor .. to worship lol

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Can't help you with the calibration, but if you get a Rigol, keep the analog scope.

Have you run some basic tests to see if the calibration is close?

Comparing the results from a known good scope and/or using input signals of known amplitude and frequency can allow you to do basic checks of the timebase and vertical amplifiers.

northrivergeek

Jan 26, 2012
Can't help you with the calibration, but if you get a Rigol, keep the analog scope.

Have you run some basic tests to see if the calibration is close?

Comparing the results from a known good scope and/or using input signals of known amplitude and frequency can allow you to do basic checks of the timebase and vertical amplifiers.

Dont have another scope or any other known source .. that would help for sure , I need a freq / signal generator

northrivergeek

Jan 26, 2012
Well Damn do I feel stupid rflol .. I just realized that the cal light is on because the red var knob is not turning off! LOL ,, turn all the way to right its supposed to click off like the channel one and two var does .. which I just found out sheesh!

Ok so now I gotta figure out why its not allowing me to turn off .. doesn't click .. and I aint about to brute force it lol.. any clue on that one ?