Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Tektronix 2235 troubleshooting.

AcousticBruce

Apr 1, 2013
I expected that I would have to repair this unit. It turned out that it was the intensity knob. I had it adjusted to the beam. This is kinda embarrassing that I just had to turn the intencity knob up only a bit. This kinda reminds me of when the engine doest start "check the gas first" type of thing.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
It always pays to check the simplest stuff first. It was pretty hard for me to believe that
it worked fine, you put it in your jeep for a little ride, and all of the sudden it stopped
working.
Hope you're good to go now.

AcousticBruce

Apr 1, 2013
Thanks. You know I am very sure that I followed the manual and set all the controls. I do not remember it mentioning intensity. Oh well... I am good now. I also bought a working Tek 2225 for 60 bucks from a live auction. So now I have 2 good working scopes! I appreciate all the help.

AcousticBruce

Apr 1, 2013
Horizontal B mode not sweeping.

Thanks for the vid!
No problem. I have a new one!

Video is about a minute long and gets right to the point.

This video shows how I am not getting a horizontal B sweep. It seems to trigger most of the time. I demonstrate A mode first... then B Mode. Just a note: The demonstration is done with channel 2. I assure you that I tested channel 1 and it does the same.

Any Ideas? Am I doing something wrong?
Is this an issue that you have heard of?